I am full professor, head of the Coaching Psychology Unit, Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports (NEXS) at the University of Copenhagen.
Since 2009 I also have been visiting professor at Copenhagen Business School, where I am responsible for an obligatory course on “Personal ledership and dialogical coaching” in the programme Master of Public Governance. Since 2011 I have been course director at Copenhagen Summer University responsible for an executive course on “Coaching, Kirkegaard and Leadership”.
Few years ago I have finished the first Nordic effect study on group coaching.
Group coaching in this research was based on a narrative-collaborative approach,
and I have been one of the five coaches of the project (Se the video about my first results!).
One of my newer research projects is an action research and controlled study with a multi-method design, involving predominantly with migrant boys in a coaching and soccer activities.
More could be said – just have a look at my further research topics her!
I would like to invite you to read my new book “A Guide to Third Generation Coaching – Narrative-Collaborative Theory and Practice“, published in 2014 with Springer (see short review!).
My newest Danish book “The art of lingering in dialogue” will be translated to German and English.
Third generation coaching is now a registered trademark in Denmark.
Please feel free to contact me!
– Narrative-collaborative theory and practice
Some other publications:
- Author of “The Wiley-Blackwell Handbook of the Psychology of Coaching and Mentoring” (chapter on Narrative approaches)
- Autor of three articles in “Learning bodies”
- Book “New approaches to sport and exercise psychology”
- Danish book “Team – development and learning”
Listen & watch!
- Listen to the virtual lecture “Adapting coaching to hypercomplexity”
- Answers to “What is narrativ coaching?” (3 min. video)
- 10 minutes conversation om narrativ coaching betweeen Reinhard Stelter and Dr. Ho Law, University of East London
- Video: Narrative-collaborative group coaching: Intervention and first results (Presentation from the 1st International Coaching Psychology Conference, London, Dec. 2010)